My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

A simple and down-to-earth kind of girl who enjoys listening to people talk about anything under the sun and savours every moment of her student life!

Chat and Comments

Music


Powered by Blogger
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]
 

My Groovy Life!

Saturday, November 11, 2006

For the sake of THE CALL

In just one week I heard from 2 of my good friends that they are going into full time ministry! (To protect their privacy I'll just call them Peter and John). About 2 years ago, I remembered Peter telling me about his heart's desire and passion with young people. However, he was still praying about it and he shared with me about his struggles, feelings of inadequacy, yet had this burning desire to respond to 'The Call'. I truly understand sometimes, how we think we are not good enough to be serving the Lord because of our past human faults, failures and we will not always reach His standard. But hey, God is not looking at our past mistakes, not picking on our faults, or failures. He simply is looking for a willing heart to follow His ways, allowing us to grow into perfection, teaching us and moulding our lives so that we can be the best that He wants us to be.

It was difficult for Peter, to stand up at that time to tell people that he wants to serve God full time. It was not time for him then, as he had to deal with his personal struggles. At the same time, all he needed was for people to support him, believe in him, help and encourage him to develop to his full potential. In the past 2 years, that he had a mentor to teach, guide, encourage, believe and stand by him. It was then, that he grew in the ministry, continuing to do things he's passionate for Christ. And, I just got to know that, he will be submitting his letter to his current company, to go into full time ministry next year in his church. Also, being brought up in a non-Christian family, he was able to tell his plans to his parents. God, really has the perfect time for everything, if only we have a willing heart to learn, wait and respond to 'The Call'.

John on the other hand, was my fellow church member back home. We were serving in the same ministry, youth and young adults. I couldn't remember how long I've known him, but I remember him at first, as a quiet, "in-the-background" kind of person. But over the years, man, this brother has turned grown and turned radical for Christ! I really could see the change in him as he grew spiritually from year to year. And I just got to know that he too managed to tell his parents about his desire to go into full time ministry. That is a break through in itself, since he also came from a non-Christian family.

Looking back, I felt so priviledge to have crossed paths with Peter and John and just to watch them respond to 'The Call'. I've seen how God worked through their lives in the past and it just amazes me how much more God is going to do in their lives when they obey 'The Call'.

Friends, what can I say.....I'm really inspired by the both of you! Continue to be the shinning light wherever you are!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:59 PM , Blogger grrl_fren said...

    heyas! must agree with you. so many people ard me stepping into full-time ministry. sobsob. my current leader is leaving us! but its inspiring, their courage to embrace their call. am scared sometimes. no i'm not talking about full time. but scared of what God wants to say to me i shut out unconsciously. u know about uni and all, where i should be geographically... ahem. yeeeaah. seeking and listening. fear be gone! haha. when are u coming back? :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home