My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

A simple and down-to-earth kind of girl who enjoys listening to people talk about anything under the sun and savours every moment of her student life!

Chat and Comments

Music


Powered by Blogger
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]
 

My Groovy Life!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Life in Brisbane!

The first couple of weeks when I first came back from Malaysia went by quite slowly. Most of my friends were still away, and Uni hasn’t started yet. Just spent lots of time reading….haha! Yes, reading which I rarely did when I was back home! My new hobby was also inspired by the fact that I’ve been living without a TV for a month now eversince my previous flatmate moved out. And…..we’ve turned the house into a little reading café……so will see how long I can sustain without a TV!

But now, things are picking up. I’ve got work, practical placement, Uni classes and new church commitment…..which I’m excited but at the same time learning to juggle my time. I have to thank God that He answered my prayer again in giving me a practical placement that I have been asking for in a high school college and it is run based on Christian principles. So, this semester, I will be dealing with adolescents who have learning difficulties, social and emotional problems. Time for me to reflect again about what I went through myself as an adolescent haha!……hmmm….if I can recall…..

Also, part of my life here in Brisbane has turned me into a seasoned bus traveler. I’ve learned almost all the bus routes here believe it or not! My highest record of busses that I took to travel in a day was 7 busses. From my house – Uni – Toowong – Head Office – city – Work place – city – church office.

So, there you go – my life in Brisbane! I miss the movie nights, “mamak” nights and my car which is happily taken care of by my sis back home......I hope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home