My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

A simple and down-to-earth kind of girl who enjoys listening to people talk about anything under the sun and savours every moment of her student life!

Chat and Comments

Music


Powered by Blogger
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]
 

My Groovy Life!

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Looking out my window....

Just last week, I was reading a book by Philp Yancey, ‘I Was Just Wondering’. In Part 1, it talked about the Human Animal where he elaborated on God’s creation and His care for them. Among the questions raised were:

-Why are there so many kinds of animals? Couldn’t the world get along with, say, 300, 000 species of beetles instead of 500,000? What good are they?

-Why is the most beautiful animals on earth are hidden away from all humans except those wearing elaborate SCUBA equipment? Who are they beautiful for?

-Why is almost all religious art realistic, whereas much of God’s creation – zebra, swallowtail butterfly, crystalline structure – excels at abstract design?

-Why are dogs much easier to train than cats? Why are African elephants almost impossible to train? Which does God take most pride in, a dog or a cat?

-Are human beings animals? Are they anything but animals? Why aren’t human beings easier to train?

As I came to end of the Part 1 of the book, I looked out my window, and Lo and Behold I saw parrots feeding on the nectar of the flowers in the tree! How timely it was that as I was reading and pondering on His creation, He revealed to me His love for His creation in ways that I don’t see everyday……parrots, feeding off the tree out your window?

Matthew 6:26, “Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home