My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

A simple and down-to-earth kind of girl who enjoys listening to people talk about anything under the sun and savours every moment of her student life!

Chat and Comments

Music


Powered by Blogger
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]
 

My Groovy Life!

Monday, August 27, 2007

Its all in the mind.....

Working in a psycho-geriatric facility for the past one month is the beginning of another chapter in my life as a music therapist to be. I have the opportunity to work with patients with different mental health diagnosis such as major depression, schizophrenia, dementia, bipolar, who are experiencing behavioural problems, hallucinations, delusions, illusions etc. which made me realize how important it is to keep our minds healthy. I am currently taking a course in counselling and mental health which really helps me understand people better.

A lot of people have trouble overcoming their thoughts. When negative thoughts about themselves begin to play in their mind and when they are not able to overcome it, these thoughts grow and become serious mental health problems. And it is scary to know that, these problems are more prevalent today and can happen to any ordinary person.

I begin to see the importance of keeping not only our physical body pure but also our mind. In church the past few weeks, I've been reminded of the Power of Christ that we as Christians have in our lives and how we are able to use that power to be set free from negative things that are clouding our minds. It is my prayer everyday, that my thoughts will be filled with His thoughts and that I'll be able to keep a healthy mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home